Monday, June 13, 2005

Korea 210505g: Leaving Busan

Time to leave Busan and return to Seoul. I go back to my hotel, just next to Busan Train Station, pack my stuff, check out, do a quick squid burger lunch, and off I go to the station for my bullet train to Seoul.

Busan has made a good impression on me. With close to 4 million people, it is not as busy and chaotic as Seoul (with its 10 million souls). It has a superb and beautiful subway system - each station is uniquely designed, with interior decorations. The maritime ambience makes it more live-able and interesting, especially when the city is elongated due to the squeeze between the mountains and the sea. The beaches and coast are regarded as scenic and it has its share of historic temples and monuments. So if you have another place to visit outside Seoul, make it Gyeongju and Busan in one go!