Monday, May 30, 2005

Beijing 300305c: The Great Wall at Badaling

Badaling at last...and am I surprised! I thought the place would be swarming with 'official tourist guides' and mobile vendors and hawkers and fortune tellers and..., just like the hordes which swamped us in Agra and Jaipur (India). But no...the place is as well-organised and well-tended as any major tourist spots in Europe. Ample parking too. I'm impressed and that's one great start.
Yes, the Great Wall is here, looking great of course. The people walking up and down the Wall remind me of the people doing sa'ie in Mekah, for some odd reason. Maybe this place is spiritual too? :-)
I go to the counter and pay 40 yuan per person for entrance fee.
.naim
Pics 1, 2 & 3: The famous Badaling section of the Great Wall of China. Built during the Ming Dynasty: mid-14th to mid-17th century. A Unesco World Heritage Site.